The Latest DJ News
PIONEER OFFERS DJS ANOTHER TOOL FOR ENHANCING THEIR MUSIC PERFORMANCES WITH THE NEW REMIX-STATION 500
NAMM Booth #5810 Hall B Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division today launched the REMIX-STATION 500, which enhances DJ performances with its ability to generate a range of sound effects with a variety of buttons and controls, all accessible at the user’s fingertips. The REMIX-STATION 500 offers three effect sections, Rhythm FX, Scene FX and Release FX, for simple musical arrangements and features the industry’s first “Pressure Controller” knobs, which further alter and vary the effects of the arrangements. In addition, the system can also act as a USB controller when used with the included VST/AU/RTAS RMX-500 Plug-in software.
“The Pioneer REMIX-STATION 500 can be added to virtually any DJ rig to give you the ability to insert a multitude of audio effects to the tracks you’re playing,” said David Arevalo, director of marketing, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Another cool feature on this device, the ‘Pressure Controller’ further enhances the effects giving you more creativity on the fly, so every performance with it is unique.”
- Rhythm FX - The Rhythm FX section of the REMIX-STATION 500 offers five audio effects, ROLL, TRANS, ADD, REV DELAY and OFFSET, which cuts up and manipulates parts of the music playing to produce new rhythms. The effects can be increased and decreased with a turn of the large knob as well as altered when the knob is pushed down, activating the pressure controller.
The Rhythm FX section also incorporates five Instrument buttons (KICK, SNARE, CLAP, HI HAT and CYMBAL), each offering six different patterns of sound that can be added with a simple touch. The unit also features a 4-Beat Sequencer with an OVER DUB button, and when activated, enables users to record one bar of each instrument button for more unique sound effects playback. The OVER DUB can also be deactivated after the recording process and while playback occurs, to then give users the ability to tap each button for additional instrument sounds.
- Scene FX - In the Scene FX section, users can choose from five Build Up effects and five Break Down effects. The Build Up effects, consisting of MOD, ECHO, NOISE, SPIRAL UP and REVERB UP, add sounds, while Break Down effects, consisting of HPF, LPF, ZIP, SPIRAL DOWN and REVERB DOWN, cut sounds. The large knob increases or decreases the parameters of the chosen effect with a simple turn as well as changes the effects with a push of the knob. Two sub-parameters knobs are also available for additional changes to the effects being produced.
- Release FX - The system also includes a Release FX button that eliminates the current music playing and leaves only the sound effects when activated. Release FX can also be used to create the opposite effect: When the button is disengaged, all section effects are eliminated while the original music continues to play. Three types of Release FX are available, Vinyl Brake, Echo, and Back Spin.
Using the included REMIX-STATION 500 VST/AU/RTAS plug-in software, users can create the same types of music production and effects while producing on a computer. In addition, connecting the device to a computer enables it to act as a controller for music production.
- Quantize function enables real-time music analysis and synchronization of effects along with the beat of the music
- Auto BPM function automatically measures and follows the tempo of music
- Compact Design for easy portability and convenience
- USB MIDI for use as a MIDI controller
- Built-in Sound Card - (audio interface)
- P-LOCK Fader Cap - Prevents the fader knob from slipping off during extreme use.
- Mountable on Pioneer’s T-U101 (X-Stand)
The REMIX-STATION 500 will be available in February with a suggested retail price of $499
The first 5,000 units of the DDJ-SZ sold worldwide will be bundled with a free license for the Serato Video plug-in (worth $149).
For a video demonstration, please click here.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/DJ.
rekordbox (ver.1.2.0) - Users of iPhone/iPad/iPod touch can immediately download the latest version of rekordbox free of charge from the iTunes App Store. The Android version of rekordbox will be available as a free download on Google Play in mid-January 2014.
PIONEER and REKORDBOX are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
VST is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
The Audio Units logo is a trademark of Apple Inc
Pro Tools and RTAS are registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries
For more information follow us on:
Twitter at twitter.com/PioneerDJ
Facebook at facebook.com/PioneerDJusa
YouTube at youtube.com/pioneerdjglobal
Jaed Arzadon, 310-952-2451 or email@example.com
Katherine Harbeston, 310-952-2388 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cara Smith, 310-496-4454 or email@example.com