The Latest DJ News
PIONEER INTEGRATES IPAD®/IPHONE®/IPOD® TOUCH CONTROL IN LATEST DJ SYSTEM
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division today unveiled the XDJ-R1, the industry’s first1 DJ system to feature control functionality through an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch via Pioneer’s specially designed “remotebox” app. The versatile controller features Wireless Direct, to enable wireless connectivity with an iOS device even when a WiFi™ network is not available, Auto Beat Loop, Beat Sync, USB device connectivity, built-in CD players and MIDI control.
“Pioneer continues its efforts to build innovative DJ products that match today’s consumer lifestyle with the introduction of the XDJ-R1,” said David Arevalo, marketing director, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Expanding on Pioneer’s latest connectivity philosophy, with the XDJ-R1, iPhone and iPad devices can be used as additional control devices so the DJ is free to move around the room he/she is performing in while still having complete control over the music playing.”
By utilizing the “remotebox” app with an iOS device such as iPhone or iPad, the XDJ-R1 can be remotely controlled wirelessly, giving DJs the ability to continue their music mixing performance even when they move away from the controller. Many of the controller’s functions can be accessed directly on the display of a compatible smart device including controlling volume levels, choosing and changing songs as well as the ability to mix songs from a USB device plugged into the controller. Users can also apply the “Auto Beat Loop” function3 that automatically loops music at a specified tempo as well as intuitively control various effects using the X-Y pads from a smart device.
Unlike conventional controllers, the XDJ-R1 is equipped with dual CD players in addition to a USB port for media playback. The controller supports a variety of different music formats including conventional compact discs and MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF files stored on CD-R/RW and USB storage devices. For added convenience, the unit also offers MIDI support for operation of various DJ software.
Mix and Match Features
The XDJ-R1 offers a multitude of fun and convenient features for creating unique mixes including:
- Beat Sync - With a touch of the Sync button, the controller automatically synchronizes the beats of songs analyzed through Pioneer’s rekordbox music management software
- Hot Cue - The controller features three points of Hot Cues to enable playback of music from specified points
- Sampler - For added effects, the controller’s Sampler function enables recorded sampling sounds to be added with the press of a button. Sound sources can be recorded from songs on a USB storage device or a compact disc
- Beat FX - Four different effects including Trans, Flanger, Echo and Roll are available to combine with songs currently playing
- Sound Color FX - The controller offers four additional effects (Filter, Crush, Noise and Jet) for more creative mixing options
- Quantize Function - Automatically corrects synchronization of effects when using Auto Beat Loop or Beat Effect.
- Noise Reduction – To significantly reduce noise, internal analog and digital circuits were separated, and the distance for digital conversion of analog input signals was shortened. All signal processing is conducted using a high-performance CPU for clear audio output.
- Independent 3-band isolator
- Internal sound card (Audio Interface)
- Complete with Master Out (XLR), Booth Out, AUX and MIC ports
Free Virtual DJ Limited Edition
The Virtual DJ Limited Edition DJ software5 by Atomix Inc. is included with the purchase of an XDJ-R1. The software features an easy-to-use user interface for the XDJ-R1 and enables optimum enjoyment of various DJ play styles with features including loops, effects, a sampler and 4-channel mixing. The XDJ-R1 will be available in June with a suggested retail price of $1,099.
Operates with music that has been beat-analyzed using the included “rekordboxTM” software.
Operates with music that has been tempo-analyzed (BPM: Beat per Minute) using the included rekordboxTM software, or when tempo is automatically detected during playback.
A dedicated application for control of XDJ-R1, available free of charge from the App Store May 30th, 2013
Pioneer is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation
iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Virtual DJ is a registered trademark of Atomix Productions, Inc.
Other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
Other product, technology and company names, etc. mentioned herein are the trade names or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance
For more information follow us on:
Twitter at twitter.com/PioneerDJ
Facebook at facebook.com/PioneerDJusa
YouTube at youtube.com/pioneerdjglobal
Jaed Arzadon, 310-952-2451 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Katherine Harbeston, 310-952-2388 or email@example.com
Cara Smith, 310-496-4454 or firstname.lastname@example.org